11 Things You Should Know Before Bleaching The S**t Out Of Your Hair
1. You will be met with a lot of uncertainty from your hairdresser and he/she is probably going to try and talk you out of going hella blonde.
2. If your hair is naturally dark, your hairdresser will then stress the likelihood of your hair going ginger – which is always fun to hear.
3. But you probably should be aware that if your hair is dark brown or black – it might take a few trips to the hairdresser to get your desired level of blonde-ness.
4. Alright so everyone knows that bleaching your hair isn’t good for it, but it won’t totally destroy it either.
5. Keeping on-top of your upkeep is important – it’s better for your hair to get your roots done often (and only having to use a teeny bit of bleach) than waiting ages and having to go for a full head again.
6. Your hairdresser might ask if you want a toner put on afterwards to reach the desired colour. Oh and they’ll use words like ‘ashy’, ‘icy’ and ‘creamy’ – all which are confusing af, but go with it ‘cos it’ll look good.
7. If you get a full-on scalp bleach (i.e. not highlights) it might tingle/burn your scalp a bit. this is normal and you’re not going to die.
8. (Although if it’s really painful – maybe tell someone, because that doesn’t sound good either)
9. After getting your hair bleached, it’ll need more love than before.
10. Oh and use a purple shampoo to stop it turning yellow or brassy.
11. You’re probably going to become addicted to going even blonder.