Niall Horan has assured fans his band One Direction is “not splitting up”.
Niall Horan has confirmed One Direction will be taking “a well earned break” soon.
The 21-year-old star sings alongside Louis Tomlinson, Harry Styles and Liam Payne in the British-Irish boyband.
Fans’ hearts were broken over the weekend when speculation emerged One Direction is going on hiatus in 2016, but Niall has assured Directioners there is nothing to fret over.
“Ok so Lots of rumours going round. We are not splitting up, but we will be taking a well earned break at some point next year (sic),” he wrote on Twitter Monday. “Don’t worry though, we still have lots we want to achieve ! Can’t wait for you to hear all the new music we have for you and to perform Some new songs as the tor continues! Love you all xx *tour I should say.”
Zayn Malik departed from One Direction in March to pursue his solo career, leading other people to believe the remaining members of the group are intent on doing the same.
But apparently the only reason why the boys desire a break is because they’ve been touring and creating music non-stop for half a decade.
“The guys have been together for five years, which is an incredible run for any boyband. They fully deserve to have at least a year to work on their own projects. There is absolutely no bad blood between them and they are all 100 per cent behind the decision,” a source told UK newspaper The Sun previously.
One Direction are currently performing shows worldwide as part of their On the Road Again Tour and they are also working on their fifth studio album. Should the boys go on break in 2016, it’s unlikely they’ll have an accompanying concert series for their new LP, as the offering is said to be reaching shelves around Christmastime.
Copyright: Cover Media 2015
Tuesday, 25. August 2015