Beyoncé Knowles and Jay Z were apparently "on edge" ahead of this year's Met Gala, following the incident at the 2014 event.
Beyoncé Knowles and Jay Z reportedly got into a “bust-up” on the way to the 2015 Met Gala.
The couple’s appearance at last year’s fashionable event is yet to be forgotten after footage of Beyoncé’s sister Solange attacking her brother-in-law in a lift emerged online. There has been no confirmation as to what triggered the incident, but reports suggest it was because Jay had been “too flirtatious” with designer Rachel Roy.
Countless rumours surround the couple’s marriage, and it seemed to take a toll on them ahead of this year’s fashionable party, which took place earlier this month in New York.
“Beyoncé and Jay got into a bust-up on the way there. They were both on edge after last year and Beyoncé told Jay he wasn’t allowed to leave her side – he then told her he didn’t want to feel on a leash,” a source told British magazine Closer. “It led to some strong words. They put on smiles for the camera but there was tension behind the scenes.”
While family snaps with their three-year-old daughter Blue Ivy on social media may suggest they’re fully back on track, insiders reveal this isn’t necessarily the case. The 33-year-old singer is apparently still fearful that her rapper husband has ruined her reputation with cheating claims and hopes relocating from New York to Los Angeles will help them settle down more.
But Beyoncé reportedly still worries about Jay’s relationship with Solange.
“There’s obviously been friction, but he’s tried to get along with her. They both thought it best if they avoided each other on the night [of this year’s Met Gala] so they didn’t get everyone talking about them,” the source added.
Copyright: Cover Media 2015
Saturday, 16. May 2015