Chris Brown is no longer being investigated for battery.
Chris Brown’s battery case has been dropped.
The 25-year-old singer was accused of punching a man early on Monday morning during a basketball game at the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas. It was claimed that Chris hit the guy following an argument at 3.42am, with a member of his entourage also said to be involved.
Police attended the scene, but it has now been claimed that the case is not ongoing. According to TMZ, the accuser called cops today and said he didn’t want to pursue proceedings and was dropping his complaint.
The site states no reason was given, but this means police will not continue looking into it and the case is officially closed.
News of the reported incident raised eyebrows as Chris only recently completed his probation following his 2009 attack on Rihanna. He was sentenced to five years’ probation, community labour and domestic violence counselling following the incident.
It isn’t his only brush with the law, with the star spending time in jail last year after he was kicked out of rehab.
Things seem to be looking up for the star though as he is relishing being a father to his now ten-month-old daughter Royalty, whose mother is model Nia Guzman. Her existence was only reported in March, but Chris is said to want to be very involved in the tot’s upbringing and has been posting pictures of her on social media.
“I honestly never knew I could love someone as strong as I do," he captioned one of her asleep yesterday. “I’m gonna give her the world.”
Copyright: Cover Media 2015
Tuesday, 05. May 2015