Bynes’ DUI charges dropped

The Los Angeles City Attorney's Office has opted not to press charges against Amanda Bynes in connection with her arrest on suspicion of DUI last September.

Amanda Bynes has had the charges for DUI dropped against her by the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office.

The troubled actress was arrested on suspicion of the driving violation in September last year. But on Friday it was revealed that “after much deliberation and review” authorities have opted not to press charges, however the 28-year-old isn’t out of the woods yet.

“As you know, she is currently on probation to the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office for a 2012 DUI out of Beverly Hills,” City Attorney’s Office spokesman Frank Mateljan told E! News. “The matter was referred yesterday. No further action [in our office] is scheduled on this matter.”

Amanda’s attorney has made no comment on the decision.

Her arrest in September came as a bit of a curveball as she had seemed to have gotten her life back on track in the months preceding the incident. She obtained her driving license back in April 2014 after a year and a half suspension following her failure to show up for a number of court dates to address traffic tickets.

As well as her driving issues, Amanda has also shown erratic behaviour towards her family and loved ones, and also claimed to be homeless towards the end of last year.

However it was revealed in December that her parents had found a way to keep track of their daughter’s movements, as they struggle to communicate via other channels.

“Amanda’s mom, Lynn, set up the Uber car service on her daughter’s cell phone,” a source told Radar. “Uber can take Amanda anywhere she needs to go and it’s paid for out of Amanda’s estate, since her mom has conservatorship."
Copyright: Cover Media 2015

Friday, 23. January 2015