Kanye 'said no to Vegas mega deal'

Kanye West has reportedly turned down a huge Las Vegas residency offer.

Kanye West has reportedly turned down a $4.5 million residency offer.

The hip-hop star is the latest celebrity to be linked to a mega bucks deal in Las Vegas. It’s been claimed he has decided against accepting the offer, which would have seen him become the highest paid entertainer in Sin City.

According to TMZ the rapper was offered the staggering sum for just nine days of work. The website claims to have seen a letter in which The Axis at Planet Hollywood requested Kanye take to the stage three times a week for 21 days, meaning he would have taken home $500,000 for each performance.

Other details are hazy and it’s not known why Kanye turned down the offer.

Britney Spears is in the middle of a two-year residency at the same venue, which is bringing her in a reported $475,000 per show. Céline Dion began her series of shows at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace in 2011 and they are planned to continue until 2017, making her $476,000 per performance. She is currently on hiatus as her husband René Angélil has been treated for cancer.

Last week it was claimed Jennifer Lopez could be heading to the famous party city too, again at The Axis. She is said to be have been offered around $350,000 per show, taking to the stage three times a week for 24 weeks. At the moment it’s not thought a contract has been signed.

It’s not much of a surprise that Kanye has turned down the offer as he’s been concentrating on making new music of late. Earlier this year he declared his new release would be available before the end of the year, explaining he’d wanted to finish it sooner but had been too busy spending time with his wife Kim Kardashian and their 16-month-old daughter North.
Copyright: Cover Media 2014

Monday, 27. October 2014