Time to dig in the life and music of Enrique Iglesias!
Ready to go on a behind-the-scenes ride with Enrique Iglesias?
MTV is bringing back the famous music documentary series called, The Ride, that will follow Iglesias* September 29th* but also other artists through the whole October. The series gives you intimate access to some of the biggest names in music and documents the key moments in their careers, culminating in what they regard as their most transformative, breakthrough moment.
And first stop is Enrique. Born in Spain in 1975, he is the son of popular Spanish singer Julio Iglesias. The vocalist grew up largely in Miami and began singing as a teenager. He released his self-titled debut album in 1995 and, like his subsequent studio works, proved to be a huge success. By early 2012, Iglesias had sold more than 60 million records worldwide. His most successful songs include “Bailamos,” “Rhythm Divine,” “Be With You,” “Escape,” “Maybe,” “Don’t Turn Off The Lights” and “Hero.” But if you think you know everything about the latin pop sensation, check out some of the coolest facts from our documentary:
• Enrique’s grandfather was kidnapped by rebels in Spain.
• When Enrique first started writing and recording music he did it in secret, refusing to use his last name, Iglesias, so that no one would interfere or offer an opinion before he was ready.
• Enrique signed his first record deal, for three albums, without even telling his father that he was making music.
• After several years without a hit song, Enrique fought to get “I Like It” on his next album, Euphopria, ultimately changing record companies because he believed so strongly in the song. It was also his first collaboration with Pitbull and a huge hit.
• The song “Bailando” is his 25th #1 record on the Latin charts.
Don’t miss The Ride, Monday September 29 on MTV!
Wednesday, 17. September 2014