Justin Bieber will reportedly not face charges of attempted robbery in California due to a lack of sufficient evidence.
Justin Bieber reportedly won’t face charges of attempted robbery because the case has been rejected.
The 20-year-old singer was the subject of an investigation by the Los Angeles Police Department after a Californian woman claimed he grabbed her phone out of her purse after she attempted to snap photos of him at a batting cage last month.
TMZ is now reporting the Los Angeles City Attorney rejected the case due to insufficient evidence, meaning no charges will be filed against the star on the matter.
The outlet previously reported police were unable to substantiate the woman’s claims, which prompted the District Attorney to reject felony prosecution.
The case was then sent to the City Attorney for further assessment and since the office rejected the allegations, the pop star will not be charged with a misdemeanour or any other crime.
Around the time the alleged incident is said to have occurred at Sherman Oaks Castle Park in May, a source told the New York Daily News Justin was “just enjoying hanging out with friends at the batting cage and playing mini-golf” without incident.
“There were a lot of different people taking Justin’s picture, which is totally normal,” the insider said. "This just wasn’t a big deal, the woman didn’t stand out… This is another example of someone making an issue where there isn’t one.”
Justin has been at the centre of a great deal of legal trouble recently. He was also arrested for DUI in Miami earlier this year, but is said to have reached a plea deal with cops, which will see him plead guilty to reckless driving and attend anger management classes.
However he is not off the hook entirely, as the Los Angeles District Attorney is still reportedly considering charging him with a felony amid claims he egged a neighbour’s home, causing an estimated $20,000 in damage.
Copyright: Cover Media 2014
Tuesday, 17. June 2014