Hugh Jackman shared an image on Instagram of his nose after his doctor removed yet another potentially cancerous patch of skin.
Hugh Jackman urged fans to wear sunscreen after finding another cancerous skin patch.
The 45-year-old Les Misérables actor has been seeing a doctor for quite some time to remove patches of his flesh that could potentially degenerate into skin cancer.
On Thursday Hugh posted an image of his face on Instagram with a new bandage over his nose, confirming he found a dangerous growth on his face again.
“Another Basel Cell Carsinoma. All out now. Thanks Dr. Albom and Dr. Arian. PLEASE! PLEASE! WEAR SUNSCREEN!” the star wrote in the image caption.
Hugh had a growth on the skin of his nose removed in November 2013, after wife Deborra-Lee Furness suggested he had it looked at.
A month after the procedure, Hugh talked to Access Hollywood about his healing process.
“I’m all good! It’s all out,” he told the outlet previously.
“Thank you to my beautiful wife who said, ‘Come on, go and get it checked.’
“It was just a red dot on my nose and I was like, maybe I injured it in a fight sequence or something, and lo and behold it wasn’t – It was a basal cell carcinoma.”
Hugh went on to explain that in Australia, getting checked for skin cancer is considered the norm. He encouraged everyone to be aware of the dangers of cancer and keep an eye on their health.
“I’m an Aussie, we have to get checked but everyone should get checked,” the actor explained. “Particularly if you’re my age. If you’re 21 or older, you just go and get checked. It’s simple.”
Copyright: Cover Media 2014
Friday, 09. May 2014