Peaches Geldof died of a heroin overdose, according to a new report.
Peaches Geldof died of a heroin overdose, it is expected to be announced tomorrow.
The 25-year-old TV star-and-journalist was found dead at her home on April 7, with an autopsy failing to confirm how she passed away.
An inquest to determine her cause of her death is expected be opened and then adjourned on Thursday. According to British newspaper The Times, in the morning detectives will announce that toxicology tests shows Peaches suffered a heroin overdose.
Police discovered no evidence of drugs paraphernalia in the star’s country house, with allegations items may have been taken away before they arrived, according to the publication.
Peaches was caring for her then 11-month-old son Phaedra at the time of her death and it’s been claimed he was found next to her body.
The journalist’s mother Paula Yates died of a heroin overdose when Peaches was just 11. The star posted a picture of herself as a baby in her mother’s arms on her Instagram account the day before she died.
Reflecting on her short life, those closest to her say motherhood had curbed her previous wild ways and that she was content.
“During the past two or three years she was lighter, happier, as if she had found her place. But don’t kid yourself it was easy. Life was never easy for Peaches” a friend revealed to British magazine Grazia.
Peaches leaves behind her husband Tom Cohen and their two sons, Phaedra and Astala. Her father is musician Sir Bob Geldof and she has sisters Fifi Trixibelle, Pixie, and Tiger Lily Hutchence Geldof.
The star is known to have tried out drugs, although in an interview given two years ago she played down the speculation.
“I did experiment with drugs, I did get drunk and go to parties, but I was never that wild," she told Elle magazine.
“I could have been, I could have let myself spiral but all the time I remembered what happened to my mum.”
Copyright: Cover Media 2014
Wednesday, 30. April 2014