Peaches Geldof’s cause of death has not been ascertained, with toxicology tests pending.
Peaches Geldof’s autopsy has proved inconclusive.
The 25-year-old mother-of-two was found dead at her home in Wrotham, Kent, on Monday. Her death is being treated as “sudden and unexplained” by police, with reports no hard drugs or suicide note were found at her five-bedroom property. There were also no visible signs of industry.
A post mortem was carried out today, but the results were inconclusive and the results of toxicology tests will not be known for several weeks.
“A decision on whether there needs to be an inquest depends upon the final results of the post mortem,” Kent County Council said.
Police are still probing the death and remain at the home where Peaches’ body was discovered. It’s been reported that emergency services received a call from a relative who was worried about the journalist-and-TV star, but she was dead at the scene.
A forensic team was seen at the property yesterday, with sniffer dogs also spotted, and floral tributes have been mounting outside.
Peaches was married to S.C.U.M musician Thomas Cohen and they had two sons, Astala, 23 months, and 11-month-old Phaedra.
Shortly before her passing it was announced she would be penning a regular column for Mother & Baby magazine, with her first piece in the edition which was published today.
“Before having two fat little cherubs under two who expect attention and military-esque devotion to their every need 24 hours a day, I lived a life of wanton wanderlust,” she wrote.
“I’ve achieved a sort of perfect balance. Right now life is good. And being a mum is the best part of it.”
Peaches was the daughter of late star Paula Yates and Sir Bob Geldof, who paid tribute to her in an emotional statement shortly after the news was made public on Monday.
“What a beautiful child. How is this possible that we will not see her again? How is that bearable?" he wrote.
The late star’s last post on Instagram was a picture of her and her mother, who died of an accidental heroin overdose when she was 11.
Copyright: Cover Media 2014
Wednesday, 09. April 2014