Lamar Odom has changed his plea for DUI to no contest leaving him with three years’ probation.
Lamar Odom today changed his DUI plea to no contest.
He originally entered a not guilty plea in October, referring to his August 30 DUI arrest.
But today his lawyers changed this, which has led to a three-year probation and orders to take alcohol and education classes.
“Odom pled no contest to first offence DUI, and the refusal to take further testing after he was arrested was dismissed,” a source told Radar Online.
“He will be on probation for three years and he has to take a three-month alcohol education class.”
Lamar was not present in court, with the plea entered on his behalf by his lawyer.
Following his arrest earlier this year the 34-year-old basketball star refused to submit further chemical tests, which lead to a one-year suspension of his licence.
“He did what no one should ever do, he refused the chemical tests,” California Highway Patrol public information officer Leland Tang told Radar at the time.
“That means that his licence is revoked and Lamar could get the most powerful attorney in the world and he is still not going to have a licence for a year.”
In a bid to save his basketball career Lamar has reportedly agreed to undergo spontaneous drug testing to try and secure a place with the Los Angeles Clippers.
He has previously been accused of having an addiction to crack cocaine and prescription drugs.
“Lamar agreed to undergo random drug testing administered by the team, and if he returns one dirty test, he will be suspended from the team immediately,” a source said.
Copyright: Cover Media 2013
Monday, 09. December 2013