Victoria Beckham is reportedly happy to shoot a documentary marking the Spice Girls’ 20th anniversary, but won’t go on tour again.
Victoria Beckham has reportedly ruled out a Spice Girls reunion tour.
The group will celebrate 20 years since they started in the industry in 2014, with some members keen to mark the occasion. Mel B is said to be pushing for a series of shows, but Victoria isn’t keen. Although she would be happy to shoot a documentary about the group, the fashion designer wants her main focus to remain with her clothing lines.
“Victoria sees 2014 as a year to concentrate on her fashion label, not her music,” a source told New York Daily News’ Confidenti@l column.
“She loved performing at the Olympics and reuniting, but that was a special event. Mel B has been working on project Spice 20 and sees that as a great opportunity to bring them all together.”
It’s thought Mel C is also up for the plan, although it’s unknown what the band’s other members Geri Halliwell and Emma Bunton think.
Victoria is opening new offices in New York City early next year and has plans for her first stand-alone shop. She apparently fears reuniting with her bandmates will take up too much of her time.
“Victoria feels she won’t have the time or desire to work on performing live again,” the insider explained. “Mel is always pushing for Spice projects. Her stint as a judge in Australian and American shows mean her profile is huge. Any Spice comeback would mean millions in the bank.”
Mel B has confirmed she would like a reunion next year, previously confirming she has already spoken to Mel C about it.
Copyright: Cover Media 2013
Monday, 02. December 2013