Zac Efron allegedly “collapsed” after partying in a hotel suite in January.
Zac Efron reportedly worried partygoers when he “collapsed” earlier this year.
Many of the former High School Musical star’s fans were left shocked when it was recently claimed the actor had spent time in rehab.
The 25-year-old is alleged to have been struggling with a “serious” cocaine addiction, but now National Enquirer claims there were other substances involved.
According to the magazine, Zac may have previously overdosed on powerful painkiller oxycodone, which is also known as ‘hillbilly heroin’.
The National Enquirer reports that after a night of drinking and using the prescription medication in a New York hotel suite, the young star collapsed and had to be resuscitated by other partygoers.
“I was scared for him,” an eyewitness told the publication.
“If he doesn’t clean himself up, he’ll be Hollywood’s next big drug tragedy.”
The magazine also claims to have a picture of Zac at the event, in which he is supposedly seen passed out at the Thompson Hotel in January.
The source went on to claim that Zac requested party guests bring some pills with them, asking for 40, which are estimated to cost $1,200 in total.
“If he didn’t have such a need for the oxy, I don’t think he would have let us come into the room,” the insider said.
The source also said his room was “littered” with alcohol bottles.
According to reports, Zac entered rehab in March and since then TMZ has claimed he paid another visit to a facility around the time of filming Neighbors.
Copyright: Cover Media 2013
Wednesday, 25. September 2013