Cory Monteith ‘died from heroin and alcohol’

Authorities report that Cory Monteith died with heroin and alcohol in his system.

Cory Monteith reportedly died from a lethal combination of heroin and alcohol.

The Glee actor passed away aged 31 on Saturday and his body was found in a hotel room.

TMZ reports that the star had drugs and booze in his system which ultimately resulted in him losing his life.

The British Columbia Coroners Service revealed that an autopsy and toxicological analysis concluded Cory had an adverse reaction to a "mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol”.

Cory was discovered lifeless by maids at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in Vancouver, Canada.

It allegedly appeared he had died a few hours before anyone stumbled upon him.

He sparked concern after he failed to check out at the scheduled 12pm.

Cory was seen spending his last night alive at the Portside bar with friends.

Some reports suggested he was drinking throughout the night while a source who was there insisted the claims were totally untrue.

The screen personality entered rehab in April after a relapse with his addiction problems which he has been open about.

He had struggled with addiction for years after apparently first dabbling with substances aged 13.

Cory reportedly attended Alcoholics Anonymous meetings in the days before his tragic death.

His Glee co-star and girlfriend, Lea Michele, supported his struggles and put out a statement asking for privacy to grieve shortly after his passing was announced.

Cory was said to be planning to live with his partner before he lost his life.

Various famous pals and his family have spoken out about the shocking loss of Cory in the last few days.

Additionally, fans have left a floral memorial for the star outside the accommodation he died in.
Copyright: Cover Media 2013

Tuesday, 16. July 2013