Paris Jackson ‘could still testify’

Paris Jackson may still be called to testify in her family’s wrongful death suit against concert promoters AEG Live despite making an apparent suicide attempt this week.

Paris Jackson could still be called to testify in her family’s wrongful death suit against AEG Live despite concerns about her mental health.

The 15-year-old daughter of late singer Michael Jackson was hospitalised early Wednesday after making an apparent suicide attempt.

TMZ reports Paris used a kitchen knife to cut her arm and ingested painkiller Motrin (Ibuprofen) before calling a helpline that contacted 911.

The teenager is said to be distressed about testifying in a case her grandmother Katherine Jackson is waging against concert giant AEG.

According to Radar Online, Katherine Jackson will fight the firm’s lawyers to keep Paris off their witness list.

“At this point, there are no guarantees that AEG won’t call Paris as a witness,” a source told the website.

“Paris is a plaintiff in the case and Katherine’s lawyers said in the media that she is their primary witness and couldn’t wait to put her on the stand.”

That was before Paris’ apparent suicide attempt. Now questions are hanging over whether or not she will be called.

Katherine Jackson’s attorney Kevin Boyle accused the firm on Wednesday of “putting this case at Paris’ back door”.

“Katherine’s team will argue that since Paris has already been deposed, that should suffice. It can be read into evidence for the jury to hear," another source added.

Paris’ older brother, Prince Jackson, Michael’s ex-wife, Lisa Marie Presley, and Paris’ biological mother, Debbie Rowe are also listed as witnesses.

The suit claims executives at AEG were negligent in hiring Conrad Murray as Michael Jackson’s primary physician while the singer prepared for his final This Is It concert series at London’s O2 Arena in 2009.

The King of Pop died from acute propofol intoxication administered by the former doctor to treat his insomnia.

He was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in Michael’s death and has been serving a four-year sentence in Los Angeles County Jail since November 2011.
Copyright: Cover Media 2013

Thursday, 06. June 2013