Jackson ‘had a problem’ with prescription drugs

Lawyer Brian Panish who represents the Jackson family revealed in his opening statements in the wrongful death lawsuit against AEG Monday that the late King of Pop was addicted to painkillers.

Lawyer Brian Panish reveals the Jackson family thought the late King of Pop “had a problem with prescription medication” for some time.

Family matriarch Katherine filed a wrongful death lawsuit against concert promoter AEG Live, accusing the company of negligent behaviour that led to the Michael’s 2009 death from a Propofol overdose.

The family accuses AEG Live of helping to cause Michael’s demise by “pressuring him to prepare for his 2009 comeback concerts, despite his fragile health”.

The suit claims AEG Live executives were irresponsible when they “hired and supervised Dr. [Conrad] Murray”, who was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in Michael’s death.

Opening statements on the matter took place in a Los Angeles court Monday.

Katherine and Michael’s siblings Randy and Rebbie Jackson sat in the front row.

Associated Press reports attorney Panish made it clear on behalf of the Jackson family that the brood hold AEG fully responsible for the loss of their loved one.

“[Michael Jackson’s stirring voice, his musical genius, his creativity and his generosity and his huge heart was extinguished forever…You’re going to hear the whole story about what happened in the death of Michael Jackson,” Panish told the jury.

“Over the years Michael family’s and people who knew him believed he had a problem with prescription medication.

“Michael paid the ultimate price. He died.”

The Jacksons are suing AEG Live for $40 billion.

Murray has been serving a four-year sentence in Los Angeles County Jail since November 2011.

Michael leaves three children behind, son Prince, 16, daughter Paris, 15, and son Blanket, 11.
Copyright: Cover Media 2013

Monday, 29. April 2013