Ashley Greene’s charred home to be ‘gutted’

Ashley Greene’s charred West Hollywood condo that went up in flames on Friday reportedly needs to be completely gutted as the fire caused extensive damage.

Ashley Greene’s scorched condo will reportedly have to be “completely gutted”.

The 26-year-old Twilight actress’ home located in West Hollywood’s historic Granville building was engulfed in flames on Friday.

TMZ reports that the fire was so large it caused extensive damage to the premises.

Not only will Ashley’s home have to be “completely gutted”, apparently four other apartments require repair. The star’s unit needs new flooring and walls and neighbours’ residences suffered water damage from firemen’s hoses.

One of Ashley’s two dogs died in the blaze and three people reportedly sustained minor injuries after escaping from the inferno.

Law enforcement sources now tell the website an unattended candle was the cause.

A fireman previously told TMZ the blaze began on a sofa while a neighbour reported hearing gas explode before seeing flames.

A preliminary investigation has concluded the candle lit the living room sofa on fire and flames quickly spread through the rest of the home, according to the website.

Ashley, her boyfriend and her brother were reportedly sleeping at the residence when the fire started.

The actress and her brother are not believed to be among the three individuals reported injured. The wounded parties reportedly refused to go to the emergency room for treatment.

An eyewitness indicated Ashley looked “distraught” and “covered in soot” as she spoke to fire officials in the lobby of the seven-story building in an earlier report.

A spokesperson for the actress has yet to issue comment.
Copyright: Cover Media 2013

Sunday, 24. March 2013