Rihanna has been granted a permanent restraining order against an obsessed fan who tried to break into her Los Angeles home.
Rihanna has been granted a permanent restraining order against an obsessed fan.
TMZ reports that a judge ruled Steveland Barrow will have to stay at least 100 yards away from Rihanna or her home for the next three years.
In the request for the restraining order, Rihanna said she “fears for her safety” after Mr Barrow tried to break into her Los Angeles mansion last month.
The intruder reportedly thought he was entering Rihanna’s property but mistakenly entered a neighbour’s home. He was apprehended by a civilian until law enforcement arrived to the scene.
Last month, the judge granted the singer a temporary restraining order against Mr Barrow, but it has now been made permanent.
Previous reports detailed how the suspect claimed he had been given instructions by email, detailing how to get into Rihanna’s residence.
He is said to have slept in a bed he believed to be hers and allegedly stole property.
Rihanna is not thought to have been at home at the time of the incident.
It isn’t the first attempt at a break-in at one of the singer’s homes.
Rihanna was apparently subjected to another forced entry last December, when a fan attempted to enter her Barbados holiday villa.
According to British newspaper The Sun, the intruder made his way into the property but security were quick to spot the fan and ushered him away.
Copyright: Cover Media 2013
Thursday, 21. March 2013