Katy Perry has dismissed claims she is working on a memoir spilling details about her split from ex-husband Russell Brand.
Katy Perry has dismissed claims she’s working on a tell-all memoir.
The Firework hitmaker was rumoured to have signed a $3 million deal to write her autobiography.
The tome was said to include details about her failed marriage to Russell Brand.
“Several publishers have been after Katy for a while. She decided to go ahead so fans don’t have a one-sided story when Russell publishes another Booky Wook,” a source told British newspaper The Sun earlier this week.
A spokesperson for the 28-year-old star has now slammed the report, telling E! News it’s simply “not true”.
Katy previously gave a behind-the-scenes look at her personal life in her 2012 concert film Part of Me.
The 3D biopic focused on her life as a touring recording artist and touched on the breakdown of her one-year marriage to Russell.
Katy began dating the British comedian in 2009 and they were engaged following a whirlwind romance. The pair tied the knot in a traditional Hindu ceremony in India in October 2010 but split 14 months later.
Russell cited “irreconcilable differences” in his divorce filings in 2011.
The 37-year-old has since written two books about his life and it is rumoured he is currently at work on a third tome which discusses his relationship with Katy.
The singer is now in a committed relationship with John Mayer, while Russell has been romantically linked to around 20 women since his divorce from Katy.
He is now said to be seeing New Zealand singer Kimbra.
Copyright: Cover Media 2013
Friday, 15. March 2013