Lil Wayne was taken to a Los Angeles hospital earlier this week after suffering “multiple seizures.”
Lil Wayne was hospitalised this week after suffering “multiple seizures.”
Sources close to the rapper told TMZ he suffered seizures on Tuesday night after shooting a music video in Los Angeles.
He was then taken to Cedars-Sinai hospital where he spent several hours being treated before his release early Wednesday morning.
The 30-year-old rapper is “doing much better now” according to the website.
A representative for the rapper declined to comment on the reports.
Lil Wayne, real name Dwayne Michael Carter Jr. suffered two seizures during a flight last October.
He later revealed he was prescribed medication by his doctor to treat the condition.
“I don’t want y’all to think I’m on nothing, man. I’m on seizure medicine, that’s all,” he told MTV in November.
The star didn’t make a big deal about the seizures at the time, with his camp quick to put the spell down to dehydration.
However, Lil Wayne explained that doctors advised him to follow a new health regimen as a result of the episode.
But while he was following the rules by taking the prevention medicines prescribed, the controversial hip-hop star wasn’t too keen on sticking to the rest of the physicians’ advice.
“They said I gotta drink four water bottles a day, that’s what the doctors say,” Wayne continued almost in disbelief. “I just came from the doctor. I ain’t drinking four water bottles, but everything’s good.”
Copyright: Cover Media 2013
Thursday, 14. March 2013